Assistant Manager Operations
Applications for this position can be emailed to Olive Gonzalez at email@example.com.
Who we are
UFG – also known as “United Flower Growers” is Canada’s leading flower grower co‐operative and operates the largest Dutch auction in North America. The greatest strength of UFG is our people, a team of talented, vibrant and competitive individuals. Our business is diverse with several systems requiring equipment and technology. Three days a week we run live auctions where product is delivered and sold electronically. We rely on each other to make this happen with state of the art technology and integrated systems. We also have many mechanical, electrical and operational systems in our 170,000 square foot facility in Burnaby. The formula for success is rooted in our values, where execution is a necessity and innovation is encouraged.
- You may be new to operations management or are looking for a change where you can develop more in a technology driven environment.
- You live to learn systems and equipment.
- You understand the urgency of a business and are proud to work in a team that relies on each other to execute.
- You are a problem solver and work well under pressure.
- You have good communication skills and have aspirations to grow in your role and take on more responsibility.
- Work with the operations team to help execute live auctions; support electronic grower and buyer information technology; days are mixed between warehouse and office setting.
- Help manage diverse mechanical and computer systems controlling several systems and processes.
- Facilities management; trouble shoot and fix problems in a time sensitive environment.
- Lead and problem solve with a team of between 80 – 100 employees.
- Considerations to new entrants to the operations management profession or those wanting new challenges.
- Post‐secondary education including technology or computer systems an asset.
- Tech literate – with the ability to contribute to innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workloads.
We offer a competitive salary with some flexibility in hours and an excellent extended health plan. We expect the role to expand and take on leadership and supervisory responsibilities.